1. Start with a clean surface
2. Put masking tape over what you don’t want to get paint on
3. Stir chalk paint, paint however you want
4. Let it dry for at least 30 minutes (or til it's dry, use common sense)
5. Put second coat, same base but different color, light strokes depending on the look
6. Let it dry for 30 minutes
7. Final coat is clear wax that you put on with soft rag to seal the color and make it shiny
8. Let wax dry, till it hardens, buff it out with a dry, smooth cloth
Make sure to put color you want most on first.
This paint is water based so if you make a mistake you can just wipe it away.
What you'll need:
- Base color chalk paint
- White color chalk paint
- Clear Wax
- Smooth Cloth
- Masking Tape
- The love of Sean Daniel in your heart
FINALLY going over how to chalk paint a guitar! Get your arts and crafts on then go sub to the Chalkstress herself:
Sean Daniel is a man. A man of simple needs and desires. And the one desire, no, the one NEED, that stands above all is to spread the challenges, joy and intellectual stimulus of music to people of Earth and beyond.
Born on the mean streets of upper middle class suburban Chicago, Sean learned the ways of the world through the dizzying heights of success to the lonesome depths of failure and emerged with the promise of a better tomorrow reflecting in his eyes and fiery passion in his belly.
He plays and teaches guitar on his YouTube channel where he regularly releases original music and projects to the adulation of legions of fans, who often compare him to Chris Pratt and one time Ryan Reynolds. He’s currently in the market for a nice leather jacket.